Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 5 mins – Total: 10 mins
- 4 pitas of choice, I used wholewheat. Make sure they’re vegan
- 1, 15oz can red kidney beans
- 4 ripe avocados
- dollop of vegan sour cream per pita
- handful of green onions or scallions
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided, plus more to taste
- Preheat oven to 325F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pitas on baking sheet and let them get warm for about 10 minutes. Remember, you don’t want them too crispy, unless you like them like that then go ahead and leave them in longer.
- While the pitas are toasting in the oven, heat up the beans in a small fry pan and add seasonings like salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Leave on the fry pan about 5-6 minutes, just until warm.
- Mash up 4 avocados. Add seasonings salt, pepper and garlic powder, mix well.
- Once your pitas are toasty, and the beans are ready you can assemble accordingly.
- Take a generous spoonful of mashed avocado and spread it across your warm, toasty pita.
- Throw on about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of beans to each pita.
- Dollop each pita with a serving of vegan sour cream or hummus.
- Sprinkle with green onions or scallions, season with salt/pepper, and Enjoy!
This recipe and photos were created by NeuroticMommy.com, we simply shared it! Check them out for more delicious ideas!