Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 20 mins – Total: 30 mins
- 8 whole wheat large 8” tortillas
- 14 oz can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 large bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 2 2/3 cups cheese that melts well shredded (cheddar, mozzarella)
- Salsa guacamole and yogurt, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, add black beans, corn, pepper, cilantro, red onion, cumin and salt; stir well to combine. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Build each quesadilla: on a half of tortilla sprinkle 3 tbsp (half of 1/3 cup) of cheese, spread 1/2 cup veggie mixture and sprinkle with remaining 3 tbsp of cheese. Fold the other half of tortilla on top pressing on it somewhat gently-hard making a half moon shape. Repeat and make 8 quesadillas. If you have any leftover veggie mixture – eat it.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let rest for 3-5 minutes and cut each quesadilla in half using serrated knife. Serve with salsa and yogurt.
This awesome recipe and photos were created by IFoodReal.com, we just shared it! Check them out for more recipes!