Prep: 20 mins – Cook: 1 min – Total: 25 mins
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup corn can be fresh, canned or thawed from frozen
- 1 avocado chopped
- 3/4 cup red and/or orange bell pepperseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the beans, black eyed peas, tomatoes, jalapeno, corn, avocado, bell pepper, onion and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve as a salad or with chips.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by DinnerAtTheZoo.com, we simply shared it! Please check them out for more great ideas!