Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 15 mins – Total: 25 mins
- 2 cups flour (260 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water (175 grams)
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Then add the olive oil and whisk together with a fork, gradually add water and stir until the dough almost holds together. Move to a lightly floured flat surface and gently knead about 10 times just until the dough comes together (the dough will be sticky, do not overknead).
- Divide into 5 balls and flatten with the palm of your hand. Fry in hot oil (350F/175C)on medium heat (enough to cover the bottom of a medium frying pan), until golden brown on both sides (and cooked on the inside). Drain on a paper towel lined plate and eat warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by anitalianinmykitchen.com, we simply shared it! Please check them out for more great ideas!