Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 40 mins – Total: 50 mins
- 8 links of pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of an 8×12 or 9×9 baking dish. You can use a metal or ceramic casserole dish. Place the sausages in the dish in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While waiting, whisk flour, eggs, and 1/2 cup of milk in a medium bowl. Gradually mix in the rest of the milk until the mixture forms a smooth batter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take the sausages out of the oven and pour the batter over them, covering them 3/4 of the way. Place the dish back into the oven and bake for another 35 minutes or until the center has risen and turned golden brown. If the underside seems a little soft – that’s okay, that’s how it’s supposed to be.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by InsanelyGoodFood.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!