Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 35 mins – Total: 45 mins
- 1 C . + 2 T. Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1/3 C . Chickpea Flour
- 1 T . Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 T . Onion Powder
- 1 T . Fennel Seed
- 1 tsp . Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp . Dried Sage
- 1/2-1 tsp . Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp . Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1 C . Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 C . Gala Apples, Chopped
- 1 1/2 T . Liquid Aminos
- 3/4 tsp . Liquid Smoke
- 1 1/2 C . Fennel, Sliced Thinly
- 1 1/2 C . White Onion, Sliced Thinly
- Optional: Oil for Coating
- 2 C . Arugula
- 1 T . Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Sift and stir together all of the dried ingredients for the seitan in a large bowl.
- In a blender, pulse the veggie broth, apple, liquid aminos and liquid smoke a few times.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and knead for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four pieces.
- Roll the pieces of seitan into logs, then place them on a large piece of foil (approx. 10″x10″).
- Wrap the foil around them as tight as possible, then twist the side-ends tightly in opposite directions until they won’t twist anymore.
- Place the sausages on a baking sheet and bake them for 25-30 minutes, turning them every 10 minutes (less baking time if you want to grill them). Your baking time may vary, but you can test if they’re done by squeezing them a little with some tongs to see if they are firm.
- Once they are done baking, take them out of the oven and wait 5 minutes to unwrap them.
- Toss the fennel and onion slices together and grill or roast until slightly browned.
- Toast the buns, fill with a little arugula, a sausage, top with grilled veggies and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Serve warm!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by VeganYackAttack.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!
One thought on “Fennel Apple Seitan Sausage Recipe – Vegan Sausage Recipe”