Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 25 mins – Total: 40 mins
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 100g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 600ml fish stock, made from 1 fish stock cube
- 225g new potato, halved
- pinch mace
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 300ml milk
- 320g pack fish pie mix (salmon, haddock and smoked haddock)
- 4 tbsp single cream
- 250g pack cooked mixed shellfish
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then add the onion and bacon. Cook for 8-10 mins until the onion is soft and the bacon is cooked. Stir in the flour, then cook for a further 2 mins.
- Pour in the fish stock and bring it up to a gentle simmer. Add the potatoes, cover, then simmer for 10-12 mins until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the mace, cayenne pepper and some seasoning, then stir in the milk.
- Tip the fish pie mix into the pan, gently simmer for 4 mins. Add the cream and shellfish, then simmer for 1 min more. Check the seasoning. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with some crusty bread.
This recipe and photos were created by BBCGoodFood.com, we simply shared it.
One thought on “Seafood Chowder Recipe – Easy Seafood Chowder Recipe – How To Make Seafood Chowder”