Prep: 20 mins – Cook: 20 mins – Total: 40 mins
- 6 eggs plus 1 egg for egg wash
- 1/4 cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup diced green chilies
- 4 slices ham sliced thick
- 1 tomato sliced thin
- 1 pound puff pastry sheets two sheets
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Thaw puff pastry in the fridge overnight or on the counter for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Once eggs are cooked, add green chiles. Stir to combine.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 equally sized squares. Place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Cut out pieces of ham that will fit on one half of the pastry square and put one piece on each pastry square. Make sure to leave a margin on the edges for crimping the pies shut.
- Next, add a tomato slice to each pastry square on top of the ham.
- Then, scoop a small spoonful of egg mixture on to each pastry square on top of the tomato.
- Top the eggs with a pinch of shredded cheese.
- Fold the top piece of the pastry over the fillings and crimp the edges with a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg until combined. Using a pastry brush, brush a small amount of egg wash onto the top of each pastry.
- Top each pastry with another pinch of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by FavFamilyRecipes.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!