- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into about 5 cups of chunks or florets
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon turmeric – see notes
- 7–8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Sauté: Heat the oil in a deep soup pot. Add the onion, garlic, cauliflower, cashews, and turmeric. Sauté for 10 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Simmer: Add the water (I usually start with 4 cups) and salt. Simmer until softened.
- Blend: Transfer the soup to a blender and blend into a creamy consistency. It’s best to do this in batches.
- Finish: Return to the soup pot and add any additional water (remaining 2-3 cups) if you need to thin it out. Also a good time to season with more salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Also a good time to top with spiced chickpeas and parsley and olive oil and more salt and put on your most comfy sweater and enjoy!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by PinchOfYum.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!