- pappardelle 150g
- sirloin steak 250g, trimmed of all fat
- groundnut oil
- baby chestnut mushrooms 100g, sliced
- garlic 1 clove, crushed
- sweet smoked paprika 2 tsp
- soured cream 100ml
- chicken stock
- flat-leaf parsley a handful, chopped
- Cook the papppardelle. Meanwhile, slice the steak into thin strips, and season.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan until very hot, and quickly sear the beef until browned on both sides. (Do this in batches if you need to and don’t overcrowd the pan.) Scoop out the meat and keep it warm under foil.
- Put the mushrooms into the same pan with a knob of butter, cook until soft, then tip in the garlic and paprika and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add back the beef with the soured cream and a splash of stock, and let everything bubble up. Stir through the parsley, then serve spooned onto the pasta.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by OliveMagazine.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!