Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cilantro-lime rice-
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Avocado-Ranch Dressing-
- 1/8 cup ranch dressing
- 1/8 cup buttermilk
- ½ avocado
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 (10 inches) flour tortillas
- In a blender combine avocado, ranch dressing, buttermilk, salt, and sour cream. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. Add the tomato sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F). Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred using two forks. Return the chicken to the pan with the sauce and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the rice and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, zest and lime juice, cilantro and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for about 15-16 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the rice to sit covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave. Spread a thin layer of the ranch dressing down the center of a tortilla. Layer some of the chicken over the ranch, put some of the rice over the chicken and top with cheddar cheese. Roll up the burrito. Repeat until all of the burritos are rolled up.
This Taco Bell Shredded Chicken Burrito Recipe was first found on BlogChef.net, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!