For the rolls:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb (450g) boneless skinless chicken breast , cut into strips
- 14 rice paper rounds
- 6 oz. (170g) napa cabbage , thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup radish matchsticks
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
For the peanut sauce:
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- To make the marinade, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Place the chicken strips together with the marinade in a zip lock bag and toss to coat. Leave in a fridge for at least an hour.
- Transfer the chicken to a large skillet, discarding the marinade. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through. When done, transfer to a plate and let cool enough to handle.
- Soften the rice paper rounds by submerging them for a few seconds in a bowl with warm water. Some packages recommend to dip wrappers for about a minute but I wouldn’t recommend doing so because they will become too soft. Work with one rice paper round at a time.
- Place some cabbage, bell pepper, radish, carrot, cilantro, and chicken on each round (about 1 1/2 inch from the bottom). Fold the sides and then the bottom, rolling it up. Repeat with all the remaining ingredients. Serve with the dipping sauce.
The peanut sauce:
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by YummyAddiction.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!