- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 slices prosciutto, chopped roughly
- 1 Tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 cup prunes, cut in thirds
- ½ cup roasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp mint jelly or sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 boned leg of lamb, flat
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 rosemary stalks
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- Set the oven to 180C.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Add onions and garlic, cook 5 minutes until soft. Add prosciutto, cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes.null
- Put onion mix in a large bowl. Add rosemary, prunes, almonds, breadcrumbs, mint jelly, salt and pepper.
- Cut the leg of lamb in half so one side will fit on top of the other like a sandwich. Spread stuffing on the bottom half. Place the other half on top. Tie tightly with string to keep it snug. Place in a baking dish. Pour wine over, add rosemary stalks and the garlic bulb.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before carving.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by Viva.co.nz, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!