Prep: 15 mins – Total: 6-8hrs
- 4 pounds uncooked bratwurst links
- 3 bottles (12 ounces each) German-style beer or 4-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown bratwursts over medium-high heat in batches. Transfer to a 7-qt. slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted in sausage reads at least 160°.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TasteOfHome.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!