Total Time: 75 mins
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (omit for whole30)
- 2–3 tsp chili powder (adjust to taste, omit and see notes for AIP)
- 1 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup fire-roasted crushed tomato (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- Diced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Using a large stockpot, cook the bacon over medium heat until lightly crisp. Set aside, leaving about 2 tbsp worth of fat in the pot.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and saute until the onion is translucent. Add the carrots and sweet potato and saute for 6-8 minutes to lightly soften.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and break it up with a rubber spatula to crumble the beef. Season with salt, pepper, coconut sugar, cumin, oregano, cilantro, and chili powder and stir until the beef is browned.
- Pour in the tomato, broth, coconut aminos, and the cooked bacon. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil and reduce to a medium-low simmer. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the chili is reduced to your liking and the vegetables are soft.
- Serve topped with avocado, fresh cilantro, and juice from fresh lime wedges to taste.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by UnboundWellness.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!