Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 8 hrs – Total: 8 hrs 15 mins
- 5 lb pork butt roast
- 6-7 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10-11 cloves, ground
- Whole head of garlic, about 12 cloves
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large pot over med-high heat. Brown meat, about 2-3 minutes per side. (optional)
- Crush cloves with mortar and pestle.
- Blend all sauce ingredients, other than bay leaves, in grinder or food processor. (optional)
- Add pork to crock pot and cover with sauce. Cook 8 hours on low or 5 hours on high.
- Shred pork with forks and mix well with sauce.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by GypsyPlate.com, we simply shared it! Check them out for more great ideas!