Prep: 40 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- Dough for double-crust pie
- CHEESE FILLING:
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- BLUEBERRY FILLING:
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- On a floured surface, roll each dough disk to fit a 9-in. deep-dish cast-iron or other cast-iron skillet. Line skillet with bottom crust. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond edge of skillet; flute edges. Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk until blended. Spread into crust.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Stir in 2 cups berries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Cool slightly. Gently stir in the lemon juice, mint and remaining berries. Pour over cheese filling.
- Cut decorative cutouts from remaining crust; arrange over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush crust with egg white; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes. If necessary, cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
This awesome recipe and photos were created by TasteOfHome.com, we just shared it! Check them out for more awesome ideas!