Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 40 mins – Total: 50 mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package brownie mix + ingredients listed on box (my favorite is Ghirardelli Double Chocolate) or you can use your favorite brownie recipe
PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 bag (fun size 11.5 oz) Peanut Butter Snickers, chopped
- For The Brownies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8”x8” pan with parchment paper, leaving about 1-2 inches overhang (to make it easier to hold and lift brownies out of pan)
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on package; pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until brownies start to pull away from the sides of pan.
- While brownies are baking prepare ice bath* (to help cool brownies). Fill a larger pan or sink 3/4 inch deep with ice cubes and water. When the brownies are done baking, remove pan from oven and place in ice bath. Allow brownies to cool completely
- For Peanut Butter Cheesecake Layer
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in the egg, sugar, vanilla and salt on high for 2 minutes. Add peanut butter and mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour cheesecake layer over the cooled brownie layer, spreading it evenly and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10-15 minutes until warm (you want cheesecake brownies warm, but not hot) press chopped peanut butter snickers into cheesecake layer.
- Cover and place in refrigerator at least 3 hours or over night.
- Remove brownies from pan by lifting parchment paper. Place on cutting board and cut into 9 servings. Store in refrigerator.
This recipe and photos were created by TidyMom.net, we simply shared it! Please check them out for more great ideas!