Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 6 Hours – Total: 6 Hours
- 3 pounds pork butt, or pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 chopped jalapeño, optional
- This is the slow cooker pork carnitas version. For an Instant Pot, see above.
- First, pat pork dry with paper towels. Combine spices in a small bowl. Rub spice mix all over pork.
- Add pork and remaining ingredients to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Once pork is tender, discard all but 1/2 cup of the liquid. Shred pork with two forks. Discard bone(s).
- Optional but highly recommended: preheat oven to broil. Add shredded pork and about 1/2 cup of the liquid to a baking sheet. Broil for 4 to 5 minutes. Watch closely to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and serve.
This awesome recipe and photos were created by OrganicallyAddison.com, we just shared it! They have so many awesome ideas, please check them out for more!