Prep: 20 mins – Cook: 10 mins – Total: 30 mins
- 1 Medium Onion White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- 15 ounce (425g) Can Chickpeas Drained
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro loosely packed
- 3 Tbsp All Purpose Flour use gluten-free for gluten-free version – plus more for rolling**
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil or other oil
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic and add to a frying pan with 1 tsp avocado oil and fry until just before they start to brown.
- Drain the can of chickpeas and add the chickpeas to a food processor with the cooked onions/garlic, paprika, coriander powder, cumin, freshly chopped cilantro and flour and process it into a thick burger batter.
- Sprinkle flour over a baking tray and cover your hands with it as well. Scoop the batter out onto the tray in 4 even sections, roll in the flour and form into 4 balls.
- If the batter is very sticky or too wet, add more flour so that it easily forms a ball.
- Take a square of parchment paper, place on top of each ball and press down on it with the bottom of a glass to flatten it into a burger shape.
- Place the baking tray with the 4 burgers into the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add 2 Tbsp avocado oil to a frying pan and heat up until hot.
- Add all 4 burgers to the frying pan and fry on each side turning regularly until browned and crispy, roughly 5 minutes on each side.
- If you want your burgers extra firm and crispy you can place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns with sliced avocado, crispy lettuce, sliced tomato, ketchup and mustard.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by LovingItVegan.com, we simply shared it! Please check them out as they have so many great ideas!