Prep: 20 mins – Cook: 12 mins – Total: 32 mins
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- ½ ounce semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Melt unsweetened and semisweet chocolates together. Set aside to cool.
- Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl. Beat together for 3 minutes, scraping bowl down as needed. Add egg followed by vanilla.
- Blend in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Lastly, add melted chocolate.
- Transfer dough to wax paper, wrap it up and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Once dough is firm, shape into a log, 12” long and 1½” in diameter. Wrap up and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice dough ¼“ thick. Transfer to prepared pans. Bake in 325° for 12-14 minutes, rotating pans top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Cookies will lose their shine as they bake.
- Cool on baking pans.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by DessertsRequired.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!