Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 20 mins – Total: 30 mins
- 2- tablespoons virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1- 1½ lb. extra large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoons fresh minced thyme
- 1/2 -1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1- cup coconut milk
- ½ red bell/ green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup broth or more
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch.
- Add onions, garlic, thyme, curry powder and sauté for about 2-3 minutes. If using scotch bonnet pepper add at this time.
- Add tomato paste, green onions , followed by coconut milk, and broth. Bring it to a boil then simmer for about 7-10 minutes. Toss in shrimp, and bell pepper. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Adjust for salt / pepper and thickness. Serve with Jamaican rice and corn pigeon rice and/or vegetables
This delicious curry shrimp recipe was created by AfricanBites.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out as they have so many great ideas!