Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 25 mins – Total: 35 mins
- 1 ½ lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper – to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters
- Place the potatoes in a pan and add cold water until they are covered by at least an inch of water.
- Add the salt and bring to a boil.
- Skim off any scum that appears on the surface, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20-25 minutes until tender to a fork.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the milk in the microwave (or in a small pan) until it is just below boiling.
- Drain the potatoes very well and leave them in the sieve or colander for several minutes to really steam dry.
- Use a hand masher or potato ricer to mash until smooth.
- Add the butter and hot milk and stir to combine well.
- Check the seasoning on your mash and add salt and pepper to taste.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by SprinklesAndSprouts.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!