Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 10 mins – Total: 25 mins
For Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For Steak Fajitas
- 1.5 lbs flank or skirt steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced into strips
- 1/2 each of colored bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, green), cut into strips
- 4-5 garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix all fajita seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
- Marinate steak with 2-3 Tbsp of fajita seasoning, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil and refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet and sauté onion and bell peppers along with 1 tsp of fajita seasoning. Cook for 5-6 minutes till they get soft yet retain the crunch. Remove to plate.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil or butter in the same skillet and stir in marinated steak strips.
- Keep on stirring on high flame to give it a quick sear. You can stir in 1 Tbsp of fajita seasoning for extra flavors. Cook for 2-3 minutes for medium rare.
- Arrange the fajitas along with peppers and optional toppings in skillet or platter and serve.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by GypsyPlate.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!