Total Time: 120 mins
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 8 cups seedless red grapes
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice plus enough water to equal 1 cup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- Make a spice bag by placing cloves and allspice berries on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string.
- In a stockpot, combine next 6 ingredients. Add spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture begins to thicken, about 45 minutes. Add shredded apple; simmer until thickened, 35-45 minutes longer (mixture will thicken more after cooling). Discard spice bag.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into 10 hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- In batches, place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TasteOfHome.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!