Prep: 5 mins – Total: 5 mins
- 4 pieces hearty whole grain sandwich bread
- Hummus (I like all things Sabra, chipotle, traditional, and roasted garlic are all great choices)
- Fresh spinach leaves
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 large ripe tomato slices
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all your ingredients. You can toast the bread if you like in a toaster or leave it untoasted.
- Add a thick layer of hummus to the inside all each piece of bread. On two pieces of bread add a thin layer of fresh spinach leaves. Top with grated carrot, then tomato slices, add some salt and pepper to the tomato slices, then add avocado, then red onion, then alfalfa sprouts.
- Add the second piece of bread, hummus side down. Slice in half and serve right away.
This easy but delicious recipe and photos were created by BlessThisMessPlease.com, we just shared it! Check them out for more great recipes!