Total Time: 35 mins
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12-tin muffin pan with cupcake liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer to cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg, then add yogurt and vanilla and beat until combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined, and no dry flour particles are visible. Fold in the blueberries (reserve 1/4 cup of them for the top of the muffins).
- Use a medium to large cookie scoop and divide batter evenly into the lines, filling them all the way to the top. Press remaining blueberries on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by AHeadOfThyme.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!