Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 25 mins – Total: 30 mins
- 8 ounces king oyster mushrooms
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Chop the mushroom caps off and carefully slice the king oyster mushrooms to about 1/6th inch slices. Next, preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, add and combine the canola oil, maple syrup, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Brush and evenly coat the mushroom pieces with the sauce combination on both sides.
- Then, lay each mushroom piece onto the parchment paper, leaving space in between each piece (do not crowd). Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway. Keep a close eye. Cook time may depend on the thickness of the strips and your oven. Once the edges begin to darken, they are done.
- To air fry, cook at 400 degrees F for 6-8 minutes.
- Finally, remove mushroom bacon slices from the oven and allow the pieces to sit and crisp up for at least 5 minutes before serving.
This delicious vegan mushroom bacon recipe was created by PlantBasedAndBroke.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out as they have so many great ideas!