- Pancetta, 1 1/2 oz (45 g), chopped, or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cremini mushrooms, 1/2 lb (250 g), sliced
- Onion, 1/2, finely diced
- Fresh sage, 1 tablespoon minced
- Red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Gluten-free spaghetti, 6 oz (185 g)
- Large eggs, 2
- Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup (3 oz/85 g) freshly grated
- Dry white wine, 1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley or basil leaves, 1/4 cup (1⁄3 oz/10 g) torn
- Place a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and sauté until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, onion, sage, and a pinch of pepper flakes. Sprinkle with salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Sauté until the mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes. Remove the frying pan from the heat.
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and stir well. Cook, stirring frequently, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and mix in the cheese.
- Remove 1/2 cup (4 fl oz/125 ml) of the pasta cooking water and reserve. Drain the pasta. Add the wine to the frying pan with the mushroom mixture and boil until reduced by half, stirring up the browned bits, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the spaghetti to the frying pan. Gradually whisk 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the reserved pasta cooking liquid into the egg mixture. Add the egg mixture to the frying pan and stir until it coats the pasta and is creamy, not wet and runny. If the egg mixture does not become creamy, set the frying pan over very low heat and stir constantly just until it becomes creamy, watching carefully (do not boil).
- Immediately remove the frying pan from the heat. If needed, mix in enough of the remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) pasta cooking liquid to form a silky texture. Divide between 2 warmed bowls and serve right away.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by Weeknight-Gluten-Free, we simply shared it! Check them out for more awesome ideas!