Prep Time: 10 mins – Cook Time: 50 mins – Total Time: 1 hour – Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ⅔ cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup almond milk, at room temp
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8×8-inch (or similar) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes and set aside. In a large bowl combine the oats, the remaining almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes, and the baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil and whisk to combine. Stir in the flaxseed mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Layer the bananas and strawberries in the baking dish and spread the oat mixture on top. Sprinkle with the blueberries and the reserved almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top is crisp and the middle is set. I find it easiest to wedge a knife in and make sure the middle has thickened nicely. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
If you’d like to reduce the sugar in this recipe, omit the brown sugar and use 1/3 cup maple syrup.
If blueberries aren’t in season, use frozen berries, or swap in your favorite seasonal fruit.
This condensed recipe and photos were first found on LoveAndLemons.com. Thank you for sharing with us!