Prep: 20 mins – Total: 4 hrs
- 5 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped pecans, optional
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a 4- or 5-qt. greased slow cooker, combine apples, cranberries, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon; beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Spread over apple mixture. If desired, sprinkle with pecans. Cook, covered, on high until apple mixture is bubbling around edges and cake is set, about 4 hours. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TasteOfHome.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!