Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 30 mins – Total: 45 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
Spiced Chili Oil
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic lightly smashed
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds
- 2-3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook 5 minutes until soft. Add the ginger, garlic, and sweet potatoes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne and cook another minute.
- Add 3 cups water. Season generously with salt. Bring the mix to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk and kale, cook 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cilantro.
- Meanwhile, make the chili oil. Heat the olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is fragrant, 5 minutes. Stir in the sesame seeds, chili flakes, and cumin seeds, cook 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the paprika. Season the oil with salt. Let cool.
- To serve, divide the rice among bowls and ladle the stew overtop. Spoon over the chili oil and top with cilantro. Serve with Naan on the side. Enjoy!
- Set Instant pot to sauté. Add the olive oil and onion and cook 5 minutes until soft. Add the ginger, garlic, and sweet potatoes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne and cook another minute.
- Add 3 cups water. Season generously with salt. Cover, select the manual setting, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once done cooking, use the quick release function and release the steam. Set the Instant pot to sauté. Stir in the coconut milk and kale, and cook 5 minutes. Turn the instant pot off. Stir in the cilantro.
- Finish as directed above through step 4.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by HalfBakedHarvest.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!