Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 75 mins – Total: 85 mins
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple peeled and chopped
- 1 head red cabbage sliced very thin
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 juniper berries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and apples and saute for 7-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the cabbage to the onions and apples, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the red wine vinegar, apple cider, sugar, bay leaf, cloves, juniper berries, and salt. Bring the liquids to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour until cabbage is soft but not mushy. Serve warm or cold.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by HouseOfNashEats.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!