Prep: 25 mins – Cook: 55 mins
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine apple slices, sugar and lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside. In an 8- or 9-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Alternately arrange potato and apple slices in a single layer in same skillet. Combine 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cream, thyme, salt and pepper; pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes. Top with bacon and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake until potatoes are tender and top is lightly browned, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TasteOfHome.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!