FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 1 lb. white shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional for a kick)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 6-7 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels (canned or cooked from frozen)
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup creamy cilantro lime dressing
- lime wedges (optional, for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, add shrimp, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes (if you have the time).
- Cook the shrimp in the oven, air fryer, or over the stove.
- To cook in the oven: Spread the shrimp evenly on a parchment lined quarter sheet baking pan and bake in a 400 F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp turns pink.
- To cook in the air fryer: Cook the shrimp in the air fryer at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket once halfway through.
- To cook on the stovetop: Sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until shrimp turns pink and nicely browned.
- In a large serving bowl, add all salad ingredients including lettuce, tomatoes, purple cabbage, avocado, corn, tortilla chips, and cooked shrimp.
- Drizzle cilantro lime dressing on top and toss to combine.
This recipe and photos were created by AheadOfThyme.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more awesome ideas!