Prep: 20 mins – Cook: 30 mins – Total: 50 mins
- 1 cup farro
- 1 (16-ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 1/2 cups shelled cooked edamame
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
FOR THE CREAMY PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- To make the creamy peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, sambal oelek, ginger and 2-3 tablespoons water in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook farro according to package instructions; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place tofu on a paper-towel lined plate; press a paper towel and heavy skillet over top of tofu to absorb excess water. Let stand 15 minutes before dicing into bite-size cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine tofu, cornstarch, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil until well combined.
- Place tofu in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown and crisp, flipping halfway.
- In a small bowl, add kale and drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide farro into bowls. Top with tofu, kale, edamame, carrots and cilantro.
- Serve with creamy peanut sauce, garnished with lime, if desired.
This recipe and photos were created by DamnDelicious.net, we simply shared it! Check them out for more great recipes!