Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 20 mins – Total 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 lb. pasta
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk of choice plus more
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon white truffle oil or more to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup gruyere cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and thyme, stirring until the mushrooms are soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in the pasta, water, milk, and half and half and turn the heat up to high; bring to a boil, place a lid on the skillet and cook until noodles are soft.
- Turn heat down to low and add in 2 tablespoon of flour, stirring really well.
- Add in the butter, truffle oil and cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted. If mixture seems too thick, add 1/4 cup (or more) of milk and stir until the cheese is smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TheAlmondEater.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!