Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 25 mins – Total: 35 mins
- 2-3 heads cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Prepare the cauliflower by removing all leaves and trim off any brown spots. Cut off the lower ⅛ inch of the stem and then with the stem facing upwards, cut down through the stem to make four steaks, each about half an inch thick.
- Combine spice rub ingredients in a small bowl. Use a fork to crush any lumps. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle spice rub over the cauliflower. Apply to both sides.
- Fire up grill to 300-350°F, and set up for 2-zone cooking. Place grill mat on indirect size.
- Place cauliflower steaks on grill mat. Close lid and cook until tender, usually 20 minutes. You should be able to glide a fork into them with little resistence.
- Optional: Move cauliflower steaks to the direct side to create a seared finish. Flip regularly until done.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
This delicious vegan BBQ cauliflower steak recipe and photos were created by TheOnlineGrille.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!