Prep: 30 mins – Cook: 40 mins – Total: 70 mins
Basic Potato Dough
- 9 floury potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened oat milk (or rice milk)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk (or rice milk)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- frying oil
- Peel and cut potatoes in half. Boil them in a large pot with water until soft. Drain and put them back in the pot. Mash them with a potato masher. Add the rest of the ingredients for the basic potato dough and mash everything together until creamy. Let the potato dough rest until cold enough to handle.
- Let’s prepare the breading station. Fill the all-purpose flour in a bowl, the oat milk in a second bowl and the breadcrumbs and the salt in a third bowl.
- Form croquettes with the potato dough. Roll them first in flour, then dip them in oat milk, and lastly coat in breadcrumbs. Make sure they are coated on all sides.
- Heat the frying oil in a medium-sized to small pot (fill the oil about 2 inches high – the croquettes should be able to float in the oil but make sure you don’t fill too much oil into the pot to prevent hot oil spilling on the hot plate and everywhere). Once the oil is hot, fry the croquettes in batches until golden and crispy. Place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Enjoy!
This awesome recipe and photos were created by ElephantasticVegan.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!