FOR THE BARS:
- 1 1/4 cup dried pineapple
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter or other creamy no stir nut butter of choice.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- parchment paper for 8×8 pan.
FOR THE FROSTING/COCONUT ICING:
- 1/2 cup coconut butter/oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Lime juice
- Lime Slices
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together 1 1/4 cup dried pineapple, 1 cup cashews, 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup of your coconut. You might have to scrape down sides a few times.
Next Add in your 1/4 cup sunflower seed nut butter (or other smooth nut butter of choice), vanilla, and blend again until batter is combined and starting to stick together.
- Press batter into 8×8 pan.
- Finally, make the frosting/icing for the top.
- Blend 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 – 2 tbsp maple syrup, and softened coconut oil or butter until smooth. Spread over bars. Place in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and slice into squares.
Drizzle a little maple syrup on top. Then a sprinkle of shredded unsweetened coconut. Add a slice of lime on top of each bar.
- Keep bars in fridge. They will be fine at room temperature for 1 hour or so before the icing starts to melt. Freezer friendly.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by CotterCrunch.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!