Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 35 mins – Total: 45 mins
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb spicy ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- 6 cups greens
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Heat a large dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. When hot, lay bacon slices in a single layer and cook until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel to drain. Cook sausage in bacon fat, drain and remove to the plate with the bacon, leaving the fat in the pan. Saute the onion in the remaining fat until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add in the potatoes and toss everything together.
- Deglaze the pan with ¼ c. white wine (or chicken broth.) Pour in the chicken broth, bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them!
- When the potatoes are tender, add in your greens to wilt. Stir in the heavy cream and bring the soup back up to a simmer. If you would like it a bit thicker, mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch into 2 tbsp of water, then pour into your soup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, pepper flake, and some bread to dip! Enjoy!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by ShelfCooking.com, we simply shared it! Please check them out as they have so many great ideas!