Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 20 mins – Total: 30 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fat of choice: vegetable oil, bacon fat, or beef drippings, or 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter mixed with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Make the batter. Place 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup whole milk, 3 large eggs, and 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside to rest at least 20 minutes while you heat the oven.
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Remove all of the racks from the oven except one arranged in the lower third position, then heat the oven to 450ºF.
- Oil the pan. Pour 1/4 cup oil or drippings (or mix 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil) into a 10-inch straight-sided oven-safe regular or cast iron skillet. Alternatively, place 1 teaspoon of the oil or beef drippings into each well of a 12-well muffin pan, or 2 teaspoons into each well of a 6-well popover pan.
- Heat the pan. Place the skillet in the oven, or place the muffin tin or popover pan on a baking sheet before placing in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes to heat the oil and the pan.
- Add the batter. Remove the skillet, muffin tin, or popover pan from the oven. Rewhisk the batter, then pour all of it into the skillet, or divide the batter between the wells of the muffin tin or popover pan.
- Bake until puffed and deep golden brown. Return the skillet, muffin tin, or popover pan to the oven. Make sure the muffin tin or popover pan is on the baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake until puffed, deep golden brown, and crisp to the touch, about 25 minutes for the skillet, or 20 to 25 minutes for individual puddings. (Do not open the oven door during the baking time.)
- Serve the Yorkshire pudding hot. Serve the Yorkshire pudding immediately from the skillet, or remove the individual puddings from the pan and serve immediately.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TheKitchn.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!